Sunday, July 8, 2018

Colossians Chapter 4

Chapter 4.  1 Masters, do that which is just and fair to your slaves, knowing that you too have a Master - in Heaven.

Final Instructions

2 Be persistent in prayer: vigilant, with thanksgiving. 3 At the same time, praying for us, that God might open open a door for the Word, to share the mystery of Christ, for whose sake I am in chains. 4 So I might make it clear, as I ought. 5 Conduct yourselves wisely with outsiders, redeeming the time, 6 your speech always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so you might know how best to answer each person.

Final Greetings and Closing of the Letter

7 Tychicus, our beloved brother, faithful servant, and fellow slave in the Lord, will make known to you everything concerning me. 8 This is why I sent him, so that you might know everything about us, and so he might encourage your hearts.  9 Along with him I’ve sent Onesimus, our faithful and beloved brother, who is one of you. They will make everything here known to you.  

10 My fellow prisoner Aristarchus greets you, and Mark - the cousin of Barnabas, of whom you have received instructions "if he comes to you, welcome him. 11 and Jesus - called Justus, among the circumcision, these are my only fellow workers for the Kingdom of God, and they have been a comfort to me.

12 Epaphras, who is one of you, greets you. A servant of Christ Jesus, he is always struggling for you in prayer, in order that you might stand, mature and fully assured, in the will of God. 13 Truly, I bare witness to him, that he is greatly concerned about you, and those in Laodicea, and those in Hierapolis.

14 Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas also greet you.

15 Greet the brothers and sisters in Laodicea, Nympha and the church which meets in her house. 16 And when this letter has been read to all of you, have it read to the Laodiceans, and see that you read the letter from Laodicea too. 17 And say to Archipus, 'see that the ministry you received from the Lord, is fulfilled.’

18 This greeting is in my own hand. Remember (me in) my chains. Grace be with you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mark Chapter 3

1 Again, he entered into the synagogue, and there was a man there with a withered hand. 2 They were watching him, to see whether he would he...